Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, December 20, 2010

Northern Harrier

A beautiful day and I had a little time while waiting on the well repairman to get here. I didn't have enough energy to start a new project (cleaning the stucco tank or gathering sotol comes to mind) so I sat, actually sat down, at my oasis to watch birds. So far I've seen 28 species including a few Anna's Hummingbirds, 2 House Wrens, a Hermit Thrush and this Northern Harrier. I didn't know what it was while I was photographing it, but when it flew I saw the give-away white rump. I guess it's a 1st year bird.


The well man isn't here yet, but I'm not the least bored waiting. Before you ask what I do with the sotol, I use it for overhead shade on my canopy, photo blind, camouflage rain tanks, and the left over scraps and crooked stalks I cut up for kindling. No steak tastes better than one cooked over sotol.  I'll post photos soon...

2 comments:

  1. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In theory I'd like to write like this too, taking time and real effort to make a good article and you should add more details thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I love to write but don't want to bore people with details. I'l try to add more details in the future and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete