Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Costa's final documentation photos

I think I've done about as good as I'm able to do at photographing the leg band (see previous Costa's posts). At least I documented that it is banded, and without a doubt, the one we banded at Bonnie's place October 2009. The band is covered by feathers, so further attempts at photographing the numbers on it seem futile. Look closely. The band appears to be in good shape, not too tight, not too loose, no debris under it, and the seam lined up perfectly. But then it was banded by the best (Kelly Bryan), so I wouldn't expect less.




2 comments:

  1. Your shots are just as amazing as the banding. I just want to get some shots of our various hummers on our ocotillo, autumn sage, and lavender spice plants...no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I'm glad you like them.To have more success photographing hummers take down all feeders except one the hummers favor when you're photographing. Arrange some flowers beside it, get inside a portable blind or camo-sheet, nearby with the sun to your back. Make sure your camera settings are right and add a big dose of patience. That's how I got the shot at the ocotillo I posted here Nov 9. Most importantly, never give up...

    ReplyDelete