Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Birds and deer

Yesterday and today have been perfect at the oasis so I've spent more time there than I normally do. In these two days I've identified 47 species of birds, and counting. And that's with my worn out binoculars and poor vision. I'm sure there are more species present.

And in case you think all there is at the oasis are birds, here are some Mule Deer drinking early this morning. The deer seem totally oblivious to the fact that the concrete spillway they're standing on goes straight down into nine feet of water. They probably couldn't care less since they know they won't fall in.



1 comment:

  1. Carolyn that shot of the deer is priceless. All of your diligence has definitely paid off with your bird numbers this early in the season.

    ReplyDelete