Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Quail and hummers

I had decided to put a cage over my tray seed feeder to deter doves because I have so many of them, but then I discovered the Scaled Quail are now flying up to the feeder's 5 foot height and feeding on it, so I'm not going to do that after all. It would keep quail out too. This photo was taken in the soft late afternoon light. Normally this species would not look so rosy.


It seems all the Lucifers have migrated except for this young male. I'm so going to miss hummingbirds if none over-winter this year. A few Anna's have finally trickled in so maybe a couple of them will stay around until spring.

Lucifer Hummingbird

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous quail and hummingbird in the late sun which I think is most always the best time to photograph birds....also sunrise...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete