Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, April 18, 2010

April showers

It's unusual for us to get much rain in April, but on the 15th we got enough that the arroyo ran a bit and I caught some water in my dirt tanks. Here I'm pumping it into one of my concrete tanks. However, as much as I patched on the tank, it still leaks. I'll work on it some more next winter. Meanwhile, I should have plenty of water to lavish on my oasis until summer rains begin. (Click to enlarge.) The close end is the deepest and now has about 8 feet of water in it. The far end has about 5 feet.


Below is a wildlife pond that got some much needed water diverted into it. The water will clear up in a few days.


Last but not least, is my huge tank that doesn't leak. It's brimful and 9 feet deep.



No comments:

Post a Comment